Friday, September 5, 2008

Utah State Fair 2008

Thursday evening we (myself, Chad, Rebecca, Benjamin, and Chad's parents (Boyd and Lolly)) went to the Utah State Fair. Chad and I were reminiscing about how we had brought Rebecca to the fair 3 years ago when she was only a couple of months old. The State Fair is a lot of fun. We stayed for 4 hours and still didn't see everything. Rebecca, Lolly and I did a hands on craft at the Stampin Up table. Rebecca had fun stamping and punching out circles. Rebecca and Chad danced with the "square dancers" and Boyd dreamed of driving a race car. We got close and personal with pigs, cows, goats, bunnies and pigeons. Rebecca got to feed three goats some animal crackers. Chad and I got to compare out garden produce to the award winning vegetables (we could have gotten best in show.) Lolly and I got to go into the Home Arts building and admire all of the quilts and other homemade items. I picked out my favorite quilt and awed at the difficult binding (which is the scariest part of quilting for me.) The rest of the gang had some required funnel cake and gazed at the tiger exhibit. All in all we had a fun time.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the quilt, and the whole fair looks like so much fun!!!! I love the skirt on Rebecca. Let me guess---Children's Place---we bought that one too. SO cute! What a fun family adventure!

Happy Heidi said...

Guess what - Abby has that same cute skirt and those pink boots!!! I bought those boots the day I found out Abby was a girl!!! Looks like a ton of fun!

Corinne said...

I do love state fairs. I have sung karaoke at the Utah State fair on many an occasion :)