Friday, September 12, 2008

Creamy Italian Chicken

I got this recipe from a girl who used to sit next to me during spinning class. It is really simple. I was telling my sister about it this summer and she had the same recipe but she does it in the crockpot. Here is both ways. Makes great left overs.

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup, condensed (I use the Healthy Request condensed soup)
1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and optional

Place chicken in 8 x 14 baking dish or crockpot. Combine together salad dressing, cream cheese, soup and optional mushrooms; pour over chicken. The sauce may look very lumping and you are thinking this will not turn out very good but it will. Cover dish with aluminum foil or place lid on corckpot. Cook at 350 for 45-60 minutes or on high for 4-5 hours, do not cook longer.

Enjoy over rice, noodles or potatoes.

3 comments:

Happy Heidi said...

This really is good and easy. We have it over egg noodles. I think 4-5 hours on LOW on the crockpot would work well. I just had a major crockpot disaster - truly a disaster - the meatballs cooked 2x as long as needed. We tasted it and said we were going through the McD. drivethru...

Denise said...

Hey Robin! You're a blogger! I can't wait to read about your adventures. I hope it's ok to put a link on my blog? BTW, you need to put a picture of you on your blog! I wasn't sure it was yours until Heidi confirmed it.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Now I have something to cook this week.
I am so excited to find you blog. Ha I stole it of Stephs blog!! Love how that works!!