Monday, December 8, 2008

Festival of Trees 2008

I have never been to the festival of trees before and when my mother in law suggested going I jumped at the opportunity. This is a huge fundraiser for Primary Childrens Hospital were Chad works. In a huge expo hall people donate decorated trees, wreaths, gingerbread house etc. They are then sold to the public, some go for tens of thousands. Here are a FEW of my favorites.


Rebecca's favorites

Benjamin's favorites

For my friend Laura: Adoption A Circle of Love
Kids Area

Watching a performance on one of two stages
Getting a Manicure

Face Decorating
Making Reindeer Hat

Show off your stuff

Other Craft Projects

Bubble Magic

Benjamin and Grandpa waited patiently

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Oh how cute. Every year I say I am going to go, and every year I miss it. Thanks for taking a picture of all the trees. It was great to live vicariously through you!!! And thanks for putting up the adoption tree, so awesome! I heard there was once a Cheetos tree in memory of a little girl who had died. I would've loved to see that.

Laura said...

BTW, that was me. My little boy Brandon just wanted to start his blog, and so he was still signed in.

Corinne said...

I remember going to that with my mom when I was a kid!! Looks like a great day :)