Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Chili

Now that it is getting cooler I have started making Chili. Everyone has a favorite recipe. This is the one I have been using lately:


2 pounds ground beef
2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or one can of kidney and one can of black)
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 medium onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Red pepper flakes to taste
Ground Cumin to taste
Shredded Cheddar cheese
In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the next eleven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired.

I also like to add sour cream and Fritos. I have also used this same recipe in a large pot if I don't have time for the slow cooker.

What is your favorite Chili recipe?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Look at you go blogger girl! I love me some chili!

Denise said...

That is the cutest picture of your little reindeer!