Sunday, October 18, 2009

Two New Purchases

Tuesday night I was taking dishes out of the drying rack (yes I don't have dish washer) and there was a shift in weight distribution and the lid to my crockpot fell to the floor. It shattered on the floor, no gluing it back together. I decided that in the coming days I would have to make a trip to DI and try and find a replacement. Wednesday morning I started to brown beef to make chili (it was a cold and rainy day and chili is so good on a cold, rainy day). I finally remember one problem my crockpot no longer has a lid. I packed the kids in the car and off to Walmart we go. I purchased this crockpot for $25. I wanted to spend $20 but this one has a 7 qt capacity and is oval so I thought an extra $5 wasn't bad. The chili got to cook all day and it was delish.

Saturday morning I was vacuuming up some spilled cereal and the normal morning cleaning when my vacuum quit, just stopped working. Chad tried to fix it. He kept asking me what I was doing when it stopped, my only answer was vacuuming. I checked online and we decided to buy a new vacuum. Also at Walmart I purchased this vacuum for $39. It had wonderful reviews. So far it works great. Very lightweight only problem is the cord isn't as long as my other one. (A side note to this story is that when Chad's dad came to pick us up for dinner we pulled the broken vacuum out, he plugged it in, it works. Just over heated. Now we have two vacuums. Maybe we will need two vacuums soon.)


This is sometimes the only excitement I have during a week.



2 comments:

Denise said...

I totally understand. I get excited when I get new things even if they are boring and for the house. In our house chili is reserved for cold and snowy days. My mom always made it on the first snow day. Of course, in Mi and Ut we would be eating it every day for months if we made it for every snow day! Enjoy the vacuum, even if it only lasts a year you got it for a great price.

hdknowles said...

Denise is correct about the first chili making coiciding with the first snow of the year. I just bought a new watch because I thought I had lost my old one as the links on the chain were very loose. Guess what I found at the bottom of my purse today? The old watch - I still needed to get a new one with the broken links, and I looked through my purse numerous times. It's nice to get new things anyway.