Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dip Sauce Soup

My friend Rachel passed on this recipe and I tried it out last night...and.it.is.sooooo.good!!! Rebecca and Benjamin loved it. I gave Rebecca some soup and while I was getting some for Benjamin and me she proceeded to put some sour cream and cheese in her soup. When I sat down she showed me what I was supposed to do and even helped me with the cheese. She then proceeded to "dip" her tortilla chip in the soup and eat it like a dip. She said "mmmmm good dip mom" and named in dip sauce soup.

On to the recipe. Rachel told me how I can make this soup in the crockpot instead of on the stove top. Following is the stove top directions and then after I will tell you how I did it in the crockpot.

Enchilada Soup

saute:
1/2 c. chopped onions
1/4 c. chopped green peppers
1 clove minced garlic

add:
1 can of chicken broth
1 can of beef broth
1 quart tomatoes
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes.

add:
3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (rinsed)
1 small can of mild enchilada sauce

Bring to a boil and serve. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, crushed tostito chips, and chopped avocado.

The crockpot way is very easy. In the crockpot put in 3 frozen chicken breast. Add the rest of the ingredients. Put the lid on. Turn on low. Six hours later, in the crockpot, shred the chicken with 2 forks and put the lid back on. Now the soup is ready for whenever you are ready to eat.

I hope you enjoy this soup. It is supposed to snow Tuesday and Wednesday so this is a good soup to have around for leftovers.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like Robin's Nest is moving locations!!!